Tuesday, April 13, 2010

genuine encouragement

We talked about transitions last night for the race. Transitions seem to be an event in themselves. How to put your bike on the rack, where to place your towel so your feet are drying, how to begin taking the wetsuit off while putting your helmet and sunglasses on. I'm afraid of getting disqualified for not clipping my helmet on before the mount line. So many things to consider in a triathlon. However, I'm just going to start practicing and folding all of my clothes neatly in the locker when we do bricks so I can change quickly and practice those skills...you know it's obviously not JUST about athleticism.

After talking about the transitions, we got into the pool to do a bit of a speed workout for the night. Because I hadn't been in the pool since last Tuesday I was nervous about how strong I'd be in the water. However, I'm feeling stronger and a lot more fluid in the water. But at the end of the workout, Jeff, our coach, was extremely encouraging with my form and how I've improved over the past month or so! This is such a boost of encouragement and even the other women said that they were in the water and Jeff had used my stroke as an example for them.

I just have to say for those that aren't super fast in the water, just dive on in, have fun with it, and work hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment