Thursday, April 1, 2010

mizuno magic

As posted yesterday, I was going to Fleet Feet for the first part of our training class...let me just say, no matter where you live, I would suggest anyone and everyone go to Fleet Feet to have them measure your feet and get you in the shoe that fits your "natural" foot perfectly. I've never been anywhere that looked at my foot and measured it with such precision. Seriously, she knew how I was going to walk BEFORE I started walking...

Well, in the end, after trying on several pairs of shoes, mid-stability running shoes if you must know, I ended up with a Mizuno. I used to play volleyball in them, which brings me back to bump, set and spike it days, but these shoes fit like a glove. I feel like I'm running barefoot and we could sit here and argue that running barefoot is the best way to do it for your foot, but it's freaking cold in Boulder, even in April. I mean if I lived in parts of Africa, we might having a different conversation, but I like shoes and they like my feet. I ran in them this morning, I'm doing hip hop in them later, I just hope I don't wear them out before the race in June...maybe I should get another pair.

Instead of running last night, I woke up this morning at 500am to hit the gym for a run prior to the Sculpting class. Well I ran for a bit on the treadmill and then thought it'd be a good idea to get a weight training "head start." So I worked out on a few machines, no big deal, right? WRONG. Halfway through sculpting I thought my arms might fall off. Bad idea, you live and you learn, maybe I'll have definition sooner...sleeveless tops? thank you spring!

Continuation of the day...since I didn't sleep very well the past three nights, I figured I should try and run my physical body down, so last night I thought I was headed to a hiphop class but there was a sub there who was going to teach **ZUMBA**
I've only taken zumba once, but this was so much fun, all the latin music you could ask for, shakin it all around. If you've never been to a zumba class before, I'd suggest going, it's high energy, the steps are pretty basic but you can heat it up with your own sizzling chili style and energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment