Thursday, March 4, 2010

oh the bather...

Wearing my one piece bather reminds me of a certain camp, OZARK, I attended every summer for 10 years, plus a couple more years in my college days to be a counselor. This is where I learned to embrace the one piece. Hence, I'd rather strut around the Y in this one piece any day than showing off this pasty white tummy I have going on.

Well, last night we had another swimming technique session. Although I received some encouragement on my stroke and that I'm staying afloat and don't look like I'm just trying to keep my head above water, there are so many things to be thinking about as we supposedly "glide" through the water. Dangit Natalie Coughlin, you make it look so easy...

Well after about an hour of swimming, working on technique and drills, I was ready to get out of the pool. Jeff, our "coach", for the next 16 weeks, is really encouraging and I think is going to push, challenge, and encourage each one of us. Each day of training, I'm excited and encouraged by the people around me who are stretching themselves, working hard, and striving towards a goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment