Monday, March 8, 2010

My first brick

So tonight we did a "brick." A term that I'm sure most triathletes/duathletes, or just straight up athletes know the term. Well, only after a description of what this is, did I realize what I got myself into.

Let's say that today after work I was extremely tired, especially since a certain 6 year-old decided to pass along his highly contagious conjunctivitis to me. OH the joyous perks of working with elementary school kids who are not the best hand-washers in the world and love to spread germs. Sweet. So I was pretty tired and not thrilled about this aforementioned brick that we were doing at training tonight.

Well, here it is, we warmed up, did some "dynamic stretching" (what I remember as plyometrics in high school, but to each his own), ram for a good 20 minutes, got on the bike for another 25 minutes, and then ran for 20 more minutes. wow-just writing it down makes me feel tired. But it was good, I ran with 3 other people that kept a great pace-my tendency is to speed up or slow down and Im not the best at maintaining pace. I think that having these other people will be a great motivator as well as teach me to continue to check my pace and be willing to keep a steady pace as we build endurance throughout the training. Stretching, totally important and tomorrow is a day that will begin with some morning stretches. I love it, but for now, I'm about to enjoy a piece of pumpkin bread that I made and drink tea (let's face it, my nutritionist told me nothing to eat 2 hours before going to bed, but who are we kidding, I did my first brick today. small piece. small pleasure).

No comments:

Post a Comment