Wednesday, March 10, 2010

I could go for hours

Last night was a "baseline" night as far as workouts are concerned, staying between a 70-75% HR. I ran for about 20 minutes on the treadmill, can I just say once more that treadmills are so boring? It's almost excruciating. It is mind boggling to me how people can run on treadmills for hours at a time, I could do that outside (I think), but inside, I'd fall asleep and probably fall off the treadmill...and well, I actually HAVE fallen off a treadmill before. It was scary and hilarious...

So after the run, I went upstairs to the spin room for a spin class (Jeff, our "coach") was teaching it. Because it was a baseline training day, I would have to take it semi-easy, but still push myself. We watched a video of the Saguaro National Park in Arizona, which was pretty but I was more focused on thinking about what my first road ride will look like when my bike is fixed and the weather is warm enough.

well to say the least, once we started riding, out of the warm up into the ride, I just felt like the energizer bunny, keep going and going and going. My body felt good, my legs felt strong, I was energized and thought I could last through the night, I guess that's what it is about sometimes, letting the mind takeover even when the body feels great.

No comments:

Post a Comment