Saturday, October 9, 2010

W-squared

this morning i attended a weight watchers meeting. my first ever. i wasn't sure what to expect, but when you look in the mirror and still aren't happy what you look like, despite the triathlon, the swimming and all the exercise, something still isn't adding up. so i'm giving this a try. it'll be interesting, but i want each day to be a little victory. an exploration of new foods and creations that are healthy options, appropriate portions and enjoyable. i want to enjoy food and not be so concerned with what exercise regimen i have to do the next day to burn it off, but to enjoy at the time because i've eaten the right foods, the right portions, feeling satisfied and not gluttonous. I've realized how much of a glutton I can be in so many ways and I think to myself and justify that it is okay because I see people around me doing the same, but that doesn't make it okay. as i'm studying the body, especially watching and working with clients who are elderly, i look at the choices that are made early in life and how that effects their health, their body, the entire aging process. i visited my beautiful grandmother the other day and each time I see her, I see beauty and simplicity and strength at the age of 88. she has very quickly become a woman who i would like to reflect in my life. she takes care of herself, is so even kiel, healthy, and loves her husband so well. She is not quick to anger or judge. She is beautiful. starting on weight watchers is for myself, but i think it's to begin really taking care of my body in more ways than one so that when i am my grandmother's age, may i be a woman who is still in good shape, healthy and a joy to be around. i think it begins now...not waiting for too long to see the life that i want to live. thank you mimi, you beautiful soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment